1st Annual Homerun for the Holidays Food Drive
As the Holiday Season approaches we all have many things to be thankful for. This year has dealt everyone plenty of additional challenges. We would like to focus on how LGYBS can help others in our community. With many local schools and organizations being affected by Covid-19 restrictions, there is a strong need in our community to help local Food Banks. Welcome to the 1st Annual Lou Gehrig Homerun for the Holidays Food Drive. LGYBS have partnered up with FeedMore WNY. They are a local Food Bank that helps support over 300 local organizations in helping feed those in need.
Starting this Friday, December 4th and ending Sunday, December 13th, LG will have donation bins placed in front of our Concession Stand at the LG Complex. We will leave empty bins outside under the Concession Stand overhang. Just drive up, drop off into bins and you’re done. We will even pick up large portions from individuals if needed. We have set a goal of 500 lbs. of non-perishable items to be collected. As “a Lou Gehrig community” including over 50 travel teams and hundreds more in house teams, we can make this happen. Please take a look below to see what items are in need. Any donation, small or large will be greatly appreciated by those in need in WNY. Please share this information as well as “Like” and “Share” on social media.
Together we can help those in need during this Holiday Season. Thanks for your continuing support to the finest Baseball / Softball Organization in WNY.
1st Annual Lou Gehrig Homerun for the Holidays Food Drive
Items in Need:
- All Canned fruit/vegetable, fruit juice, beans, nuts and seeds
- Brown/white/wild rice, pasta, Cereals, snacks, Tomato sauce, cooking oils, Salsa
- Toilet paper/paper products, diapers, personal hygiene products.
Please contact the below league members with any specific questions or concerns:
Mike Minnuto- League Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sean McCarthy – Baseball Contact: email@example.com
Greg Johel - Softball Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Iron Horse Baseball Tournament
2021 Iron Horse Classic Baseball Tournaments
8U - July 8-11, 2021 (16 teams max)
9U - August 4-8, 2021 (16 teams max)
10U - July 29-August 1, 2021 (16 teams max)
11U A - July 22-25, 2021 (12 teams max)
11U B - July 8-11, 2021 (12 teams max)
12u A - June 10-13, 2021 (12 teams max)
12U B - August 4-8, 2021 (12 teams max)
13U A - July 1-4, 2021 (12 teams max)
13U B - August 5-8, 2021 (12 teams max)
14U A - July 29-August 1, 2021 (12 teams max)
14U B - July 8-11, 2021 (12 teams max)
15U B - July 22-25, 2021 (12 teams max)
16U A - TBD
17U - July 15-18, 2021 (12 teams max)
Contact Sean McCarthy at email@example.com with any questions.
LASERS 28th Annual Summer Classic
2021 Summer Classic Softball Tournament Series
2021 Summer Classic Dates
10U - May 28-30, 2021
12U - July 16-18, 2021
14U - June 25-27, 2021
16U - July 23-25, 2021
18U - June 18-20, 2021
10U, 12U, 14U and 16U Tournaments are 4 Game Guarantee*
Gold and Silver Brackets on Sunday!
1 hour and 30 min pool play games!*
No time limit for semi-finals and finals!*
8U Machine Pitch Tournament - July 30-August 1
3 Game Guarantee*
1 hour and 30 min pool play games!*
Contact Greg Johel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Lou Gehrig Complex - Spectator Guidelines
- Only 2 spectators per player.
- Masks are required for entry and must be worn while walking throughout the complex.
- Spectators must be aware of social distancing. No gathering or groups of people. If your team is in the 1st base dugout, please keep all fans spaced out down the 1st base line or in right field. If your team is in the 3rd base dugout, please keep all fans spaced out down the 3rd base line or left field.
- No spectators allowed directly behind home plate or behind the dugout.
- Bring your own chair.
- If your team is not playing during a break or rain delay, please leave the complex or wait in your vehicle.
- Spectators should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of the game they are watching.
Like us on Facebook!
Lou Gehrig is on Facebook! Like our page at https://www.facebook.com/lgybs/ for an additional way to get more LG info and news!
Your feedback is important to us! All of us on the LG Board try to make as many games as we can throughout the season to see our wonderful coaches in action, but we need your help! We can't see everything, so please take just a few minutes and fill out the end of year surveys below. We take each review into consideration when determining coaches for the next season, and your feedback is our most important tool! Thank you, and we hope you had a great season!!
LGYBS Complex Info
We hope you all enjoy spending time at our facilities. So that everyone continues to enjoy them we ask that the following rules be followed:
- No pets allowed on the premise - NO exceptions
- Please do not allow your children to play on unoccupied fields
- Please supervise young children at all times
- Please keep our restrooms clean
We thank you for your support and are looking forward to another GREAT season at LGYBS!
Become a Lou Gehrig Sponsor.
Sponsorship is necessary to fund the many programs that Lou Gehrig Youth Baseball and Softball offer. It's also a great way to advertise directly to potential customers and clients. A WIN WIN!!!!
For more information visit: